I was listening to Accelerate by R.E.M. on the subway today and I saw this guy that looked eerily like Michael Stipe. I know that Stipe resides here in New York City, but I couldn't get a clear view of the guy. I had to investigate a bit further before I did something embarrasing like wet myself. I walked down the moving train to where the man was standing perpendicular to me. I never saw his face. He turned his back to me and staring right at me was a tattoo of a sun with a goofy grin and a wink on the back of his bald pate. Needless to say, I didn't need to see his face to know that this was not the awkward frontman of R.E.M.
Later, Stephanie and I were walking just northwest of Union Square where we saw this man across the street with what looked like on of those leather "bombardier" helmets on his head. Still, something didn't look quite right. He crossed 6th avenue before we could get to his side of 19th street, so we crossed 6th avenue as well. When our paths crossed in the middle of 6th on the opposite side we saw that this was not a man wearing a tribute to my former band, but a man with a ridiculous full head tattoo of what appeared to be a grey helmet. It covered his entire bald head, neck, jaws, and came down to his brow on the front. Enough said.
Lost In The Fray
-
I''ve just finished writing my latest ep. Yes, Justin DLC, I really do
write this quickly. No, the songs aren't that amazing to begin with. Yes, I
am my ow...
17 years ago

5 comments:
I hear that if you actually do see a celebrity, it's best to run up to them, jumping up and down and screaming, saying how much of a fan you are.
If they're a musician or writer, start quoting their lyrics and ask them if you can have your picture with them, if they can sign your shirt, and if you can buy them a beer. If they say yes to all three, buy them something gross like a Michelob Ultra and see what happens.
Well I live in Brazil, and I wouldn't know what do if I saw someone really famous, cause I've never seen any celebrety, but I probably wouldn't do anything embarrassing, like screaming and jumping! They are just like us, but with fame!
Sorry, I was being unnecessarily sarcastic. My tones are usually misinterpreted in print by those who do not know me, which is, of course, entirely my own fault.
But, nah, I was just kidding.
Fortunately, Justin, I do know your sarcastic ways.
Post a Comment