Thursday, July 17, 2008

New York City Music Scene

So, I haven't really had the time to explore the scene around here very much yet. I know, I know. We have gone to a Philharmonic concert and thought about going to about five shows, but we really didn't want to spend the money. I just missed Vampire Weekend, Dengue Fever, Feist, Ween, and Spoon. Steven Malkmus and the Jicks are playing this weekend for free along with Broken Social Scene and Islands (and a bunch of other people, see poster below). Battles is coming up in Central Park on SummerStage. All Points West is coming up, and I'm really really looking forward to that (and I already have tickets).


I guess what it comes down to is that I just have to get out there and check it out. Here's an article on the NYC scene I found interesting.

I did go to Guitar Center and play this baby the other day. Beautiful.

1 comment:

Justin DLC said...

Free shows, dude? You should be hitting all of those. Although if I were there I'd probably be frozen in a state of shock from all the music around me.