
As we left the mass confusion that is New Jersey, the road seemed to get a little easier to navigate. Jersey seemed to be nothing more than a hastle. All of the roads we one unidirectional, you couldn't make a left turn or a u-turn anywhere, and the gas station attendants insist on pumping your gas for you. Because of this I was forced to go to mutiple stations to fill the truck up. (Three, actually). At one station I had done everything except chosen what type of gas I wanted, the man pushed the button for me and expected a tip. Goodbye Jersey! Hello New York! The insterstate into Brooklyn took us around Manahttan so I wouldn't kill us or anything near us with my gigantic truck. We did have to go through one toll which cost us $16.00. Outrageous! The rest of the ride was pretty uneventful. My parents met us in Brooklyn and helped us unload the truck.
Here are some pictures of our mess:


Here's our New York playlist:
01. Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Yeah! New York
02. Madonna: I Love New York
03. AC/DC: Safe In New York City
04. Ryan Adams: New York, New York
05. Moby: New York, New York
06. Belle & Sebastian: Piazza, New York Catcher
07. The Village People: New York City
08. The Strokes: New York City Cops
09. Pet Shop Boys: New York City Boy
10. Billy Joel: Uptown Girl
11. The Pogues: Fairytale of New York
12. The Eagles: New York Minute
13. Bob Dylan: Hard Times in New York
14. LCD Soundsystem: New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down
15. Martha Wainwright: New York in the Fall
16. James Brown: Down and Out in New York City
17. Sting: Englishman In New York
18. Frank Sinatra: New York, New York
19. R.E.M.: Leaving New York
After a hard day's work unloading the truck and stuffing it into what used to be our living room, we all went out for pizza - Brooklyn style. My Dad found this place a couple of stops down from us called Tony's Pizza. It was touted by some website as the best pizza in Brooklyn. I hope it's not.

No comments:
Post a Comment