When we arrived in Monticello to load in for the last Bombardiers show we were greeted by throngs of people packing the streets. Unfortunately, they were there for the annual watermelon festival and not to see the show. We did bring out quite a few people, but due to the long set-up everyone seemed to trickle out before we started our set. What we didn't know is that there were a bunch of people hanging out outside due to the intensity of our sound. The night wasn't dampened by the seemingly lacking crowd. In fact, although we played slightly sloppy at times, we probably had more fun at this show than at any other. I know I did anyway.
We started off the set with an incindiary version of Wither. Luckily for you, we caught it all on tape (thanks to A.J. Burgess) and you can watch it below. The long instrumental intro was completely unplanned, but a pleasant way to start this tumbleweed of a song. We then launched right into Miles Away. I think this is the most energy we've ever had playing this alt-country tinged rocker. (also on video) The set then began to slow down a bit with acoustic versions of Shy Away and Catch and Release. Andrew Burgess' keys have never sounded better on Judgement Day, and were complented amazingly by Andrew Littlefield's sax. We had a lot of complements on Song for the End of the World. Actually, we always have a lot of complements on that song. Even though it is probably my least favorite in the set, it is probably our most popular song with our fans. Go figure. One Night Stand has never, never been so out of control. I think this by far our favorite song to perform and it shows. If I Had My Way was an uptempo jam fest that ended with feet stomping, hand clapping and excellent participation from the devoted fanbase indoors. We ended the set with a jaw-droppng performance of Skyscrapers that included acrobatics, somersaults, and general dogpile mayhem. Sure it got a little sloppy towards the end, but we sure did enjoy ourselves and that's what counts right?
This band has been amazing. It is everything I ever wanted musically. I have been so fortunate to play with such gifted musicians, and I feel slightly lost now that it is over. I wish them the best and hope that they continue to evolve and play music together. I'll be their biggest fan. (Remember guys, there's always room for one more band in NYC!) The last show was totally rocking. I did managae to screw up the recording software, thus ruining any chance of capturing the show, and we did forget the necessity of having a good camera in order to film it, but we did get some pictures and video. Enjoy!
Bombardiers - Wither (Live at the Shop)
Bombardiers - Miles Away (Live at the Shop)

No comments:
Post a Comment