On Sunday, we took a trip into the city to go to GuitarFest at the Sony Wonder Lab. What I thought was a celebration of all things guitar and music including live performances actually turned out to be an introduction to guitars for (little) kids. They were building 'guitars' out of paper towel rolls and Styrofoam for goodness sake! The live performances? Classical guitarists playing in a corner. Oh well.
The Wonder Lab, however, was pretty cool. This place is in the Sony Building and is a celebration off all things technology from Morse to Microsoft. Well, less Microsoft and more Sony, but look who sponsors. The lab is basically a miniature, free, more education oriented version of Disney Quest. Well, I guess it's more of Disney Quest's museum cousin, but it was still pretty interesting.
While in the lab, you are given an access card that tracks all of the activities in which you participate. Steph and I did some picture editing, robot programming, and even designed our own video game race tracks. I also schooled her at Guitar Hero III, but that's not even close to a fair fight. What we'll have to do next time: participate in a television broadcast, animate a cartoon character and use motion capture to make it dance, and perform invasive surgery via remote controlled lasers and video screens. All in a day's work!
Marco, here's a short history of video game platforms for you.

No comments:
Post a Comment